Pelvic floor physical therapy focuses on treating dysfunctions of the pelvis.
We focus on the management and treatment of the following:
- Pregnancy and postpartum
- Bowel or bladder incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic floor pain or weakness
- Painful intercourse
During your exam, your physical therapist will ask you questions and review your history and current complaints. Your physical therapist may screen your back, hips, posture, and flexibility. A pelvic examination will determine which muscles are weak, tight or painful. A customized treatment plan to meet your personal needs will be developed after the examination.
Therapy programs may include:
- Education on your diagnosis
- Exercises to strengthen, stretch, and relax the pelvic floor, abdomen, spine, and hip
- Use of tools such as biofeedback, manual therapy, and electrotherapy