We welcome your visitors to Lowell General Hospital. To ensure peace and rest for you and other patients, we ask that visitors adhere to the following visitor policy:
- Visitors should wash their hands before entering any patient rooms.
- Visitors with respiratory disease or any sign of communicable infection are not permitted to visit hospital patients.
- All children must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult (not the patient).
- There may be limits placed on the number of visitors, including overnight visitors, at any one time by a member of the healthcare team.
- Visitors arriving after 9:00 pm must check in with the unit’s team center to inform staff of their presence prior to visitation.
- Patient visitation may be restricted as deemed necessary and appropriate by the administrative coordinator and/or security in the event of a crisis or special situation.
- In cases of special precautions, appropriate signs are posted on patient room doors indicating isolation precautions. Visitors must check in with the patient’s nurse prior to entering these patient rooms. Visitors may be instructed to wear specified personal protective equipment.
- Patients have the right to refuse visitors at any time by informing a member of their healthcare team.
- If a patient is undergoing a medical consultation or procedure, visitation may be temporary restricted.
Additional department-specific visitation policies are in place for the following hospital areas:
- Cancer Center Infusion Room
- Emergency Department
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Labor and Delivery Unit
- Mother Infant Unit
- Operating Room and Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Pediatric Unit
Please speak with a department nurse or manager to learn more about each area’s visiting policies.