Visitor Policy Update 5/5/2022
Due to a decrease in COVID-19 cases and positive trends throughout the Commonwealth, Lowell General Hospital is updating its visitor policy in accordance with the hospital’s resurgence plan required by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. Beginning May 5, 2022, Lowell General Hospital will allow in-person visitation with two visitors per patient at any one time.
At Lowell General Hospital and Circle Health, we want to ensure that you are Safe with Us. We will be updating our visitor policy as follows to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and community:
- Each patient will be allowed two visitors/support persons at a time over the age of 18 whether the patient is inpatient or outpatient.
- All visitors/support persons will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 when entering any Lowell General Hospital or Circle Health facility. In addition, each visitor/support person will be asked to perform hand hygiene and will be given a new hospital-issued facial covering on entry. All visitors/support persons must wear the facial covering at all times during their visit, including while in the patient’s room.
- Visiting hours at Lowell General Hospital are 1:00pm to 7:00pm, 7 days a week for adult patients.
- Special Care Nursery and Pediatrics: No hour limitations for parents/guardians
- Labor and Delivery: No hour limitations for designated support person
- Post-Partum Unit: No hour limitation for birth partner/support person. Siblings under 18 will be allowed to visit during the hours of 1:00pm to 7:00pm and must be accompanied by an adult who is not the patient.
- Pediatrics Unit: Siblings under 18 will be allowed to visit during the hours of 1:00pm to 7:00pm and must be accompanied by an adult who is not the patient.
- Emergency Department: No hour limitations for visitor/support person
- The cafeteria at both hospital campuses remain closed to the public at this time. We encourage visitors/support persons to eat before they visit and request that they do not bring outside food or beverages into the hospital or outpatient locations.
- We ask that each patient’s visitor/support person(s) limit their travel throughout the hospital to just to and from the location the patient is being treated. Visitors/support persons will be directed to the patient’s room or outpatient location upon arrival and asked to travel directly to the exit following their visit.
- We will continue to offer virtual visits for patients’ loved ones via Zoom and other technologies and encourage patients to speak to their medical care team about options to stay connected to loved ones during their stay.
Limited exceptions to the visitor policy will be made after careful review by the patient’s care team.
Please note that patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 will not be able to have inpatient visitors at this time with the exception of our end-of-life care guidelines.
Download the Lowell General Hospital Visitor Policy May 5, 2022.
We appreciate your support and understanding as we continue to adapt to the challenges COVID-19 has presented in our community.