Visitor Restriction Update: Effective November 18, 2020
At Lowell General Hospital and Circle Health, we want to ensure that you are Safe with Us. Due to the recent increase of COVID-19 cases in the community, we have updated our visitor policy effective November 18, 2020 as follows:
- To protect the health of our patients and staff, Lowell General Hospital is RESTRICTING ALL VISITORS at this time.
- Limited exceptions to the updated visitor policy will be made after careful review by the patient’s care team. Exceptions may be made for end of life, labor and delivery, and pediatric patients.
- No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed unless approved by the patient’s care team in the exceptions above.
- We ask that visitors that have been approved by the patient’s care team under the conditions outlined above limit their time to one hour to facilitate a safe and quiet healing environment for our patients.
- Maternal Child Health Visitation: our Special Care Nursery, Pediatric Unit, Labor and Delivery and Post-Partum Units, although open 24/7 to one support person in L&D/Post-Partum or parents of hospitalized infant(s)/children, the one visitor/support person is strongly encouraged not to leave the hospital. If the visitor/support person needs to leave due to an emergency, their return must be approved by the unit manager or director. For Special Care Nursery and Pediatrics – the staff from those units will review the policy at the time of admission.
- The cafeteria and Dunkin’ Donut locations at the hospital campuses remain closed to the public at this time.
- We will continue to offer virtual visits for patients’ loved ones via Zoom and other technologies and encourage patients to speak to their nurse about options to stay connected to loved ones during their stay.
- Visitor restrictions also apply to Operative visits and outpatient services such as Diagnostic testing, Ambulatory Clinic, and the Emergency Department.
We appreciate your support and understanding as we continue to adapt to the challenges COVID-19 has presented in our community.