Visitor Restriction Update: Two Visitors Allowed Per Patient Beginning May 17, 2021
Due to a decrease in COVID-19 cases and positive trends throughout the Commonwealth, Lowell General Hospital is updating its visitor policy in accordance with the hospital’s resurgence plan required by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. Beginning May 17, 2021, Lowell General Hospital will allow in-person visitation with two visitors per patient at any one time..
At Lowell General Hospital and Circle Health, we want to ensure that you are Safe with Us. Our visitor policy will be updated beginning Monday May 17, 2021 as follows to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and community:
- Each patient will be allowed 2 visitors over the age of 18 to visit whether they are inpatient or outpatient. The visitors may be different people throughout the duration of a patient’s admission.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 when entering any Lowell General Hospital or Circle Health facility. In addition, each visitor will be asked to perform hand hygiene and will be given a new hospital-issued facial covering on entry. All visitors must wear the facial covering at all times during their visit, including while in the patient’s room.
- Visiting hours at Lowell General Hospital will be 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm, 7 days a week for adult patients.
- Special Care Nursery and Pediatrics: No hour limitations for parents/guardians
- Labor and Delivery and Post-Partum Units: No hour limitations for designated visitor(s).
- The cafeteria at both hospital campuses remain closed to the public at this time. We encourage Support Persons to eat before they visit and request that they do not bring outside food or beverages into the hospital or outpatient locations.
- We ask that each patient’s visitors limit their travel throughout the hospital to just to and from the location the patient is being treated. Visitors will be directed to the patient’s room or outpatient location upon arrival and asked to travel directly to the exit following their visit.
- We will continue to offer virtual visits for patients’ loved ones via Zoom and other technologies and encourage patients to speak to their medical care team about options to stay connected to loved ones during their stay.
Limited exceptions to the updated visitor policy will be made after careful review by the patient’s care team.
Please note that patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 will not be able to have inpatient visitors at this time with the exception of our end-of-life care guidelines.
We appreciate your support and understanding as we continue to adapt to the challenges COVID-19 has presented in our community.
Download the Lowell General Hospital Visitor Policy May 17, 2021.