Your Role in Infection Prevention
- Speak up for your care!
- Wash your hands and ask others to as well.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- If your room looks dirty, ask to have it cleaned.
- Every day, ask if you still need your catheter
- Ask about safe injection practices. One Needle, One Syringe, One Time
- Take medications as directed.
- Ask if you should shower with a germ-killing soap before surgery.
If you have further questions, please ask your nurse or ask that one of the Infection Control nurses be contacted.