Lowell General Hospital will assist our patients in obtaining financial assistance from public programs and other sources. Lowell General Hospital has financial aid policies that are consistent with the mission and values of the organization and take into account each individual’s ability for payment, including offering payment plans. Our financial assistance program does comply with state and federal laws and regulation. Financial Counselors are available at 978-937-6700.
Lowell General Hospital will not pursue extraordinary collections actions against an individual without first using reasonable efforts to determine if such individual is eligible for financial assistance.
For a free copy of the entire Financial Assistance Policy and/or an Application for Financial Assistance in Arabic, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Khmer, Laotian, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese, patients can:
- Read the Lowell General Hospital Financial Assistance Program (FAP) and/or fill out the Application for Financial Assistance
- Visit the Lowell General Hospital, Main Campus, 295 Varnum Avenue, Lowell, MA 01854 — ground floor Dahod Building in the Patient Service Center
- Visit the Lowell General Hospital, Saints Campus, 1 Hospital Drive, Lowell, MA 01852 — ground floor entrance main lobby
- Send a written request by mail to Lowell General Hospital Patient Financial Services 295 Varnum Ave Lowell MA 01854
- Call Financial Counseling at 978-937-6700.
Hospital Locations Where Patients May Present:
All patients are able to seek emergency level services and urgent care services when they come to the hospital emergency department or designated urgent care areas. However, patients with emergent and urgent conditions may also present in a variety of other locations, including but not limited to Labor and Delivery, ancillary departments, hospital clinics and other areas. The hospital also provides other elective services at the main hospital, clinics and other outpatient locations, including but not limited to the following:
- Pain Management Center — 2 Hospital Drive in Lowell
- Patient Service Center — Main campus
- Patient Service Center — Saints campus
- Patient Service Center — North Chelmsford
- Patient Service Center — Tewksbury
- Patient Service Center — North Andover
- Patient Service Center — Billerica
- Patient Service Center — Westford
- Lowell General Hospital Urgent Care
- Center for Weight Management — North Chelmsford
- Center for Weight Management — North Andover
- Lowell General Hospital Outpatient Services at Lowell Community Health Center
Each of these providers or provider groups provides services at a hospital location, however they do not offer the same financial assistance program as Lowell General Hospital.
Hospital-based providers include but are not limited to:
- Commonwealth Radiology Associates
- Merrimack Valley Emergency Associates
- New England Inpatient Specialist Adult Hospitalists
- Pathology Associates of Lowell
- Merrimack Valley Cardiology
- Lowell Anesthesiology Services, Inc.
- Pediatrics Hospitalist Program
- Tufts Intensivist Program
- Cancer Care Associates
- Radiation Oncology Associates
- Ramesh Donepudi, MD (Sleep Lab)
- Lung Specialists of Merrimack Valley (Sweta Desai, MD - Sleep Lab)
- G.K. Dwarakanath, MD LLC (Pain Clinic)
- Benjamin Henkle, MD LLC (Pain Clinic)
- Surgi-Care (Durable Medical Equipment supplier)