Holiday traditions are important for families and children, and it’s also important to protect your health and the health of your loved ones. The best way to minimize COVID-19 risk and keep your family and friends safe is to get vaccinated. The Covid-19 Vaccine (Pfizer) is available by appointment for those 12 and above at our Chest and Immunization Center. If you have a child 5-11 years old or need to schedule a booster shot, please visit https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/ to search for an appointment near you.
- If you are sick of have symptoms, don't host or attend a gathering.
- Get your flu shot before you attend a gathering.
- Get your COVID-19 vaccine. Protect those not eligible such as young children by getting yourself and other eligible people around them vaccinated.
- Increase ventilation. Consider opening windows to increase air circulation and the use of fans if possible.
- Have masks available for those who choose to wear them and always follow MA state guidelines for COVID-19 Mask Requirements.
- Make hand hygiene easy. Place hand sanitizer at strategic places like entry ways, food pick-up locations and tables. Provide soap for handwashing in bathrooms. Replace hand towels with paper towels.
- Consider a hybrid option in case some guests would prefer to celebrate from home.
- Additional precautions may be taken such as requiring proof of vaccination or, if unvaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test prior.
Read more from the CDC about Safer Ways to Celebrate Holidays.