On Sunday, February 7, a caring team of 11 doctors, nurses and medical specialists from throughout the area gathered as many medical supplies as possible and boarded a plane bound for Haiti, as part of a medical relief mission through the American College of Surgeons.
The entire trip was underwritten through a generous grant from Michael and Frannie Kettenbach of the Market Basket Corporation, who also donated almost a half-ton of food for the mission. Additional support, including medical supplies, was also provided by Lowell General Hospital and Saints Medical Center.
"We are proud to support the selfless humanitarian efforts of our staff members and these dedicated physicians. Their desire to provide medical relief on the front lines of this devastating disaster is both humbling and inspirational. As they make this difficult trip to Haiti, our thoughts and prayers are with them and we look forward to their safe return."
Amy Hoey, RN, BSN, MS
Vice President Patient Care Services & Chief Nursing Officer
Lowell General Hospital would like to thank its staff members who participated in this important medical humanitarian effort:
- Vijay Kumar, MD: Chief of Anesthesiology
- Suzanne Forte, BSN, RN: Emergency Department
- Gary Loudermilk, BSN, RN: Emergency Department
- William Fennell, Certified Orthopedic Technician
- Natasha Rousseau: Center for Wound Healing at Lowell General Hospital
Lowell General Hospital would like to thank our highly-respected physician colleagues for their selfless contributions:
- Paul Burke, MD: Vascular Surgeon
- Peter Roman, MD: Orthopedic Surgeon
We would also like to thank the team members from Saints Medical Center for their participation in this medical relief effort:
- Marie Dupic-Washburn, MD: Emergency Department Physician, Saints Medical Center
- Deann Valliere, LPN: Operating-room Scrub Technician, Saints Medical Center