2023 Nursing Excellence Awards
On Thursday, May 11, hospital leadership celebrated the accomplishments of our Patient Care Services team at the annual Nursing Excellence Awards held in the Clark Auditorium at the main campus. The event, held during Nurses Week, honors those who exemplify the unwavering commitment to patient care that is a hallmark of the nursing profession. Honorees were nominated for the award by their peers.
Winners of the 2023 Nursing Excellence Awards are:
- Excellence in Community Involvement – Darlene Bennett-Sampson, RN, Dahod 4
- Excellence in Nursing Mentorship – Barbara Bergendahl, RN, Dahod 3
- Excellence in Professional Practice – Randall Bomba, RN, Interventional Radiology
- Excellence in Evidence-Based Practice – Christine Bourgeois, RN, Pediatrics
- Excellence in Direct Patient Care – Jill Espinola, RN, Medical Day Care
- Excellence in the Use of Electronic Medical Record Technology – Kimberly Neault, RN, Nursing Informatics
- Excellence in Continued Professional Development – Theresa Nicholas, RN, Medical Day Care
- Excellence in Nursing Quality – Kristina Rivera, RN, Regulatory Compliance
- Excellence in Professional Nursing Image – Sovanna Sor, RN, Oncology Care Unit
- Excellence in Quality Caring – Alicia Tanguay, RN, ICU Float Pool
2023 Florence Nightingale Award
Nicole Wall, RN, Director of Behavioral Health Service Line, was awarded this year’s Florence Nightingale Award. This award is presented to a nurse who emulates the enduring symbol of Florence Nightingale herself and represents the mission, hopes and expectations of the nursing profession to its members and to the world at large.
The staff from Continuity of Care was awarded Outstanding Team for characterizing the true meaning of collaboration, professionalism and dedication to working together to improve patient care. They exemplify teamwork beyond the walls of their unit by interacting with multiple departments and are always willing to go above and beyond for patients and each other.
The Kristy Williams Registered Nurse Award
Italia Stavrou, RN, Dahod 3, was the recipient of the Kristy Williams Registered Nurse Award.
This award was established by the friends and family of former Lowell General Hospital nurse Kristy Williams to ensure that her legacy and loving spirit will continue to live on in others, and that exceptional Registered Nurses will be recognized for their care and dedication to their patients.