Circle Health announced today that it has released a request for proposals (RFP) for its 2015 community health initiatives grants. The grants will be awarded at the upcoming Circle Health Ball for Community Health Initiatives, an annual black-tie gala developed to raise awareness and funds for community outreach and education.
“We are pleased to continue this great tradition established by Lowell General Hospital’s medical staff to support the diverse needs of our community,” said Norm Deschene, President and CEO of Circle Health and CEO of Lowell General Hospital and Wellforce. “The purpose of the RFP is to provide grant funding to increase services and programs to better meet the needs of the communities in the Greater Lowell Area.”
This year’s grants will be specifically targeted to support programs that improve the overall health of young people in the greater Lowell community. Grants will be awarded around the following priority areas: physical activity, well-being, and nutrition. Applicants must complete an application and may apply for up to $10,000 per project. A grant review committee will review and score all applications based upon the following award criteria.
Well-designed project that fits into the priority areas:
- Clear explanation of the project and demonstration of what effect this project will have on increasing services provided to target population
- Clear, demonstrated health need supported by available data
- Clear, measurable goals and objectives
- Realistic timeline for implementation of project
- Demonstrated plan for evaluation to measure program success
- Explanation of expected outcomes
- Demonstrated collaborative efforts with other community organizations that are part of the system of care for the stated target population
- Plan for sustainability of funded program in future years (if applicable)
- Appropriate budget
All grant applications must be received no later than 9:00am on Monday, January 12, 2015. Applications can be sent by email to Pamela Huntley by mailing a hard copy to:
Director of Community Relations
Lowell General Hospital
295 Varnum Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854
All questions or concerns in regard to this RFP may be directed to Pamela Huntley at 978-788-7378 or by email until 12:00pm on Friday, January 9, 2015.
Grants will be announced at the Circle Health Ball for Community Health Initiatives scheduled for March 7, 2015 at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel. To learn more about Circle Health’s 2015 Community Health Initiatives Grants and the application process, please visit the Ball website.