Lowell General Hospital would like to invite you and your support person to our Joint Replacement Education Class. This monthly education class is presented by staff at Lowell General Hospital including post operative nurses, physical therapists, and nurse case managers. In this class, you and your support person will learn about:
- What to do before your surgery, including information on pre-screening appointments
- The day of your surgery such as where you will go and what family and visitors should do while you are in surgery
- Step-by-step explanation of what happens from when you are in the holding room through the post anesthesia care unit (PACU)
- What happens during your recovery including hand hygiene, pain management, breathing, circulation, and sequential boots
- How to prevent falls
- Inpatient rehabilitation incorporating both physical and occupational therapy and precautions you will need to take
- Planning tools for case management and discharge planning, in particular providing information on understanding the difference between inpatient rehabilitation and home care with a visiting nurse and knowing which the best fit is for you!
To register for any of the following classes, please call 978-942-2253.
Please call 978-942-2253 to cancel if unable to attend.
If Lowell public schools are closed due to weather, classes/events held by the Center for Community Health and Wellness will also be cancelled. Visit the Lowell General Hospital website www.lowellgeneral.org and look for an alert banner. Cancellations and/or delays due to weather conditions visit 7 NEWS at whdh.com.