Palliative Care Evening Event
November 6, 2019
5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Lowell General Hospital
Main Campus, Clark Auditorium
Dinner will be served.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Medical Marijuana: The Patient’s Perspective
Alan Ehrlich, MD
Associate Professor at UMass Medical School
1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) (TM). Risk Management Study
- Identify various types of marijuana products (smoking, edibles, topicals, etc.) available.
- Review the role of medical marijuana dispensaries.
- Advise and counsel patients before they enter a dispensary.
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Medical Marijuana in Palliative Care
Jordan Tishler, MD
VA West Roxbury
1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) (TM). Risk Management Study, End of Life Credit and Pain Management
- Describe risks and benefits of medicinal cannabis in serious illness/palliative care.
- Discuss cannabinoid interaction with other medications in this patient population.
- Summarize potential uses of cannabinoids for symptoms common in palliative care patients.
- Discuss best practices for medicinal cannabis forms, strains, ratios and dosages for serious illness/palliative care.
Lowell General Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) (TM). Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Lowell General Hospital is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
These activities meet the criteria of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for Risk Management Credit. Lowell General Hospital’s ACCME Provider Number is 4003175.