Are you curious to try painting?
This program offers cancer patients and caregivers, as well as participants in the hospital's weight management program, a creative way to work through their journey.
In this program, you will:
- Learn to express yourself using acrylic paint and a canvas
- Create alongside others who understand in a relaxed and positive environment
- Experience relaxation, centering and stress reduction through painting
These classes typically begin with a mind-body warm-up followed by an art exercise, discussion or demonstration. Instructor and cancer survivor, Sheri Kennedy, provides lots of one-on-one attention. She will help you get started, then encourage you to find subject matter that inspires you and our own creative style.
What do cancer treatment and weight management have in common?
- Both can throw you for a loop
- Both can leave you feeling a loss of control
- Both can require navigation of a mountain of complex medical information
- Both can prompt a rethinking of lifestyle and priorities
- Management of treatment can be cahllenging physically, mentally, emotionally and socially
... which is why attendees of this class agree... it can be really nice to do an activity that makes you feel good, helps you relax, and gives you a chance to just be with people who "get it".
Join us for one class or come every month!
This class is held one Saturday per month from 10:00am - 2:00pm.
Who Should Enroll?
This class is open to all Cancer Center patients and caregivers, as well as patients of the hospital's weight management program at the Center for Weight Management and Bariatric Surgery.
No prior art experience necessary!
For more information or to register for this program, contact:
Meg Lemire-Berthel, MSW, Director of Oncology Social Work
Bring your own lunch and paint clothes or a smock.
Materials are free, including one canvas per class.
If Lowell public schools are closed due to weather, classes/events held by the Center for Weight Management and Bariatric Surgery will also be cancelled. Visit our website and look for an alert banner.