A class taught by one of our staff dietitians. The goal of this class is to teach patients the proper way to eat to achieve and maintain weight loss goals both before and after surgery.
Weight loss surgery patients have different nutritional needs than non-surgical patients, so it is extremely important to know how to meet your body's needs for long term health and success.
12:00pm - 1:00pm
- 14 July (Fri) = Healthy Fats
- 19 July (Wed) = Nutrition Guidelines, Preparing for Surgery (for pre-ops or conversions only)
- 4 Aug (Fri) = Added Sugars
- 10 Aug (Thu) = Healthy Plate Pre-op vs. Post-op
- 23 Aug (Wed) = Label Reading: Choosing foods using the food label
- 13 Sep (Wed) = Ask the Expert: Hear from those who have had surgery, their journey, and tips for success
- 18 Sep (Mon) = Keys to Success after Bariatric Surgery
- 22 Sep (Fri) = Importance of Protein
- 11 Oct (Wed) = Hunger, Cravings, Mindful Eating
- 18 Oct (Wed) = Nutrition Guidelines: Preparing for Weight Loss Surgery (Pre-Op Only)
- 20 Oct (Fri) = Healthy Fats
5:00 - 6:00pm
- 13 July (Thu) = Hunger, Cravings and Mindful Eating
- 26 July (Wed) = Nutrition Guidelines, Preparing for Surgery (for pre-ops or conversions only)
- 16 Aug (Wed) = Label Reading - Choosing foods using the food label
- 4 Oct (Wed) = Nutrition Guidelines: Preparing for Weight Loss Surgery (Pre-Op Only)
Want to join an In-person session?
Who Should Enroll?
Exclusively offered to both pre-op and post-op patients of the Center for Weight Management and Bariatric Surgery.
Patients MUST contact their patient advocate to reschedule any of these assigned classes by calling 978-788-7277.
Don't forget to download the Zoom Meeting Application on your home computer, tablet or phone. Once you register, you will be sent an email with the meeting ID# and password.