A class taught by one of our staff dietitians. The goal of this class is to teach patients the proper way to eat to achieve and maintain weight loss goals both before and after surgery.
Weight loss surgery patients have different nutritional needs than non-surgical patients, so it is extremely important to know how to meet your body's needs for long term health and success.
10:00 - 11:00am
- 25 Jul (Tue) = Hunger, Cravings and Mindful Eating
5:00 - 6:00pm
- 21 Aug ((Mon) = Added Sugars
- 22 Aug (Tue) = Healthy Plate Pre-op vs. Post-op
- 11 Sep (Mon) = Importance of Protein
- 19 Sep (Tue) = Ask the Expert: Hear from those who have had surgery, their journey, and tips for success
- 27 Sep (Wed) = Keys to Success after Bariatric Surgery
- 9 Oct (Mon) = Healthy Fats
- 23 Oct (Mon) = Hunger, Cravings, Mindful Eating
Want to join a virtual session?
Who Should Enroll?
Exclusively offered to both pre-op and post-op patients of the Center for Weight Management and Bariatric Surgery.
Patients MUST contact their patient advocate to reschedule any of these assigned classes by calling 978-788-7277.
Don't forget to download the Zoom Meeting Application on your home computer, tablet or phone. Once you register, you will be sent an email with the meeting ID# and password.
If Lowell public schools are closed due to weather, classes/events held by the Center for Community Health and Wellness will also be cancelled. Visit the Lowell General Hospital website www.lowellgeneral.org and look for an alert banner. For cancellations and/or delays due to weather conditions visit 7 NEWS at whdh.com.