Migraines and other headaches
Is it migraine?
- Migraine is a primary and disabling headache disorder affecting approximately 15% of the general population.
- Some symptoms of migraine include
- Recurrent headaches
- Light sensitivity
- Sound sensitivity
- In some patients, an “aura,” which is a temporary neurological disturbance (such as visual changes or numbness) prior to the head pain
- Migraine is more than just a headache. Many patients say they feel tired, nauseous, irritable, depressed or experience food cravings or have trouble concentrating for a few hours to a few days before a migraine (“prodrome”) .
What services does the pain clinic offer?
- Help with the diagnosis of migraine
- Medication management
- Nerve blocks and botox injections