The PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency at Lowell General Hospital is a full year, immersive experience that challenges our residents to be the best version of themselves. With a well-balanced selection of clinical rotations combined with a diverse patient population, we are confident our program prepares our residents for whatever career path they choose.
Residents also participate in longitudinal experiences and multidisciplinary committee work throughout the year, which provides project management experience at both the department and institution level. Through our partnership with Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) University, our residents gain teaching experience in the classroom and at the bedside. Our program prepares them for a career of educating not only pharmacy students, but patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Year-long residency project
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Committee
- Medication Utilization Reviews
- Teaching Certificate through MCPHS University
- Contributing to the department newsletter
- Two continuing education programs
- Competitive stipend
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Discount medications through our employee pharmacy
- Access to 403b retirement account
- Travel expenses for the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition and the Eastern States Residency Conference
- Discounts to local attractions