About Our Program
The Graduate RN Residency at Lowell General Hospital is a full year, immersive experience that challenges our residents to be the best version of themselves.
- The program runs for a total of 12 months.
- Residents will be oriented to their clinical unit and role over an average of three to four months on a case-by-case basis.
- In addition to working as nurses on the clinical unit they were hired to in the hospital, residents have classroom education and debriefing as a cohort about every other week for the first 12 weeks and then monthly for the remaining nine months.
- The goal is to support the residents to become well-rounded, professionally-developed nurses who can think critically, manage their time and delegate appropriately.
- New graduate nurse experiences are molded to meet the needs of each of the participants of the program and the needs of the department they will be working.
- Classes throughout the residency include leadership training, resilience building, volunteer opportunities, spiritual care, palliative care, and more.