As parents and expectant parents, we face a lot of difficult decisions, and none more important than those concerning where to get the best for our children's health. An established partnership between Lowell General Hospital and Tufts Medical Center and its Tufts Children's Hospital has made that decision easier.
Lowell General Hospital has brought Tufts Medical Center physicians - some of the top neonatal and pediatric specialists in the country - to the community. Working closely with your family practice physician or pediatrician, we are able to give your family specialized care without the trip to Boston.
Our partnership with the Tufts Children's Hospital gives your child:
- Pediatric specialists on-site 24/7 for children admitted to the inpatient pediatrics unit or needing emergency care in our Emergency Department.
- A center of pediatric specialty clinics staffed by Tufts Children's Hospital specialists in cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology and pulmonology. Services offered at our Tufts Pediatric Specialty Center - North Chelmsford.
- Easy and quick referrals to specialists in Boston when necessary, with a personal program coordinator to help your family through the process
The Children’s Place at Lowell General Hospital
Family-Centered Inpatient Care
The Children's Place, a family-centered inpatient unit for children and adolescents, was designed so families can be together when kids need inpatient medical care. A children's hospital within a hospital, the 17-private-room Child and Adolescent Unit is brightly decorated and arranged so parents can visit at any time or stay with their children overnight.
We are committed to making you and your child as comfortable as possible and giving your child the highest quality care. Understanding that the hospitalization of a child can be a stressful experience for families.
A Friendly Place Made Just For Kids
- Parents or guardians receive a free continental breakfast each morning their child stays as an inpatient.
- Each room is equipped with its own television and an Internet connection. Our newly installed GetWell Network system provides (with parental approval) FREE family movies and computer games.
- A family room, stocked with more toys for all ages and a television/DVD player along with a complete library of videos, offers a place for patients and families to relax.
- Security is a priority at The Children's Place. The high-tech security system limits guests on the floor to family and friends and keeps even adventuresome children safe and sound.
Pediatric Specialists On Site 24/7
When your child is admitted to the hospital, you want him/her seen by a pediatric specialist as soon and as often as possible. At Lowell General Hospital we understand that your pediatrician is not available 24/7 to see your child. That's why at The Children's Place we provide highly trained pediatric specialists on-site 24/7 for children admitted to the pediatrics unit or needing emergency care in our Emergency Department. Through our affiliation with Tufts Children's Hospital, we ensure that when your child needs a doctor's care, she'll get it.
Our pain-free approach combines developmentally and age appropriate techniques to help ease children's angst about potentially painful procedures.
Keeping You Connected!
From newsletters to periodicals, there are a number of ways to stay up to date with Lowell General Hospital.