Before Your Appointment
- Please pre-register for your appointment by calling 978-937-6429, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. or anytime online at Express Registration.
- An Appointment Reminder with specific instructions for your exam will be mailed to you.
- Please keep the written order from your physician to bring to the exam.
- Tell your doctor about any medications you are taking.
- Arrange for transportation home. The sedation administered during the procedure will make it unsafe for you to drive until the next day.
- DO NOT eat or drink after midnight before the exam.
During the Procedure
- You will be sedated by a registered nurse prior to the procedure.
- A cardiologist will make a small incision under the skin below the clavicle (collar bone).
- This test will take about one hour.
After the Procedure
If you received intravenous (IV) sedation you will not be able to drive yourself home.